Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Anna Claire and Julia's Garden Party!!

We had the sweetest time celebrating the girls' 2nd birthday, even though I have been delayed in posting pictures of their special day!! It was perfect weather, surrounded by dear friends and family, and simply a great morning of celebrating our little girls. We were also blessed with my dear friend Holly who photographed all the fun! You can see more of her work at hollykittlephoto.blogspot.com! So here it is, Anna Claire and Julia's Garden Party... I cleaned up some old pots, a coat of spray paint, added some gingham ribbon and they became the perfect display for our "rakes and shovels!"
For the main centerpiece, I bought a pink watering can from HomeGoods and filled it with flowers from Michaels. The metal laterns also came from Michaels. The great thing about a garden party at the end of the summer is all the clearance garden prices!!

The bee and flower fondant toppers came from BB Cakes. You can see more of Becky's great cake designs at b-bcakes.blogspot.com! The gingham cupcake liners came from Michaels and were just the perfect colors so I couldn't resist!
The girls' adorable party dresses and headbands were custom made by my sweet friend Ashley with Festive Frills. She is opening a new etsy shop soon so be sure to check out chickadeechickadee.etsy.com for a great collection of handmade clothing and hair accessories!
I bought the pink paper pots from Walmart and filled them with granola, pretzel sticks and a gummy worm to make the perfect "Garden Grub." This particular banner was compliments of my crafty aunt and her awesome circuit machine. My banners available for purchase will be on display in the garden party collection.
My mom made this great "Dirt Cake" with oreo cookie crumbs creating the dirt surface. A garden shovel was used for serving the cake! :)
The party favors for the girls were small watering cans that came from Target's summer pool collection. The boy favors were rakes that I found at the Dollar Tree!

My favorite party girls...
Happy Birthday to my sweet girls!! I can't wait for more birthdays and hope you always feel extra loved on your special day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment