Friday, September 30, 2011

Frequently Asked Questions

Now that file sales are the majority, I thought I would share some commonly asked questions to help with those new to the printing process...

Do you recommend professional printing vs. printing at home?

All files are completely capable of being printed at home. If you have a nice printer that is full of ink, go for it! Personally, I love the quality that only a professional print shop can provide. My printer is used so much that it seems to always be low in one color or another. I also have a fabulous local print shop close by and I'm addicted to the crisp, vivid prints that my little Epson can't achieve quite as well.

If I print professionally, how do I send the files?
All files are sent as a pdf, unless you specifically request a jpg. Simply forward the pdf to the email address of your professional print shop.

What print shop do you recommend?
If you are local to the north Atlanta area, I work very closely with Wilco Printing in Cumming. They are fabulous! Local print shops are all over so check your area too! Kinkos and Staples are also great and easy to find in most cities.

What kind of paper do you use for printing?
I recommend printing invitations on 100lb. card stock, professionally or at home. I also like to print my favor tags, banners, signs and notecards on 100lb. You can use a thinner weight such as 80lb. if you find it to be more economical.

For cupcake toppers, I recommend 80lb. card stock or thinner. It is easier to punch the scallop when the card stock is not as thick.

I print my water bottle wraps and napkin rings on regular copy paper to make them easiest to wrap. Wrap your bottles, chill in the fridge and then set them out right before your party! :) If you use paper, just don't immerse them in a tub of ice!

Should I buy certain labels or sized paper for printing?
All files are sent on a 8.5 x 11 layout. Print on 8.5 x 11 card stock or 8.5 x 11 sticker paper and then individually cut your items. There is not a particular "Avery" label needed.

Where do you buy the materials to make cupcake toppers?
Michaels, Hobby Lobby or your local craft store are the best places to find the 6 inch lollipop sticks and scallop punch needed to assemble. Don't forget your 40% coupon when shopping at those stores! :)

Where is a good place to purchase envelopes?
I find Hobby Lobby, Michaels and craft stores to be the best place to buy 5x7 envelopes. Hobby Lobby even carries 5x7 envelopes in fun colors.
If you have additional questions, please let me know and I will continue to add to the list!


  1. Tracy, I got so many compliments on the party supplies I ordered from you for my son's first birthday! I am looking forward to planning my best friend's baby shower next year and ordering from you again!

  2. Oh wonderful! So glad to hear that! Thanks for sharing and I look forward to helping you again!! :)