Friday, August 5, 2011

Back to School!


This summer has FLOWN by!! In the Atlanta area, lots of kids are going back to school on Monday, including my former school district. Before staying home with my girls, I taught 3rd grade for 6 years. I loved my job and still miss being in the classroom. The first week of school was definitely my favorite! I came across this picture and had a sweet memory of the same pencil vase that was made for me by a parent. It sat on my desk for years full of daisies. If your child is starting pre-school this year or going back to school, consider making a gift for your child's teacher. Write a small note or get her a gift certificate for a manicure. Or best yet, buy her some Sweet Peach personalized notes!! Make her a few and even share the file with her for future use. Teachers write LOTS of notes! From this former teacher, it is SOOOOO nice to receive a small gift the very first week. Your child's teacher has already put in so much work before the kids ever step foot in the classroom. It's a great way to start the year on a positive note.

No comments:

Post a Comment